1) Present Continuous describes an activity happening now.
- A- Where is Lucy?
B- She's playing in the parlour.
- My mother is cooking a cake.
2) Present Continuous also describes an activity in the future.
- I'm wearing my red dress this evening.
- Paul's seeing his girlfriends tonight.
Positive and Negative
Spelling of gerund (verb +ing)
Most verbs just add -ing.
go going cook cooking play playing be being
If the infinitive verb ends in -e drop the -e.
write writing take taking race racing
When the verb ends in a consonant double the consonants.
get getting run running put putting
Present Simple and Present Continuous
1) The present simple describes things that are always true, or true for long time.
- I play the piano twice a week.
- She works for an oil company.
2) The present continuous describes activities happening now, and planned for the future.
- Don't disturb me! I'm watching a film.
- Are you coming out with us tonight?