Exercise 1 - Second Conditional
English grammar exercise on-line for elementary level students - the second conditional - Complete the following sentences with the correct form of the verb in brackets.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - No-Derivatives 4.0 International License.
1) If he ______________ (have) the money, he ______________ (buy) a fast car.
2) I don't know the answer. If I ______________ (know) the answer, I ______________ (tell) you. (know)
3) I ______________ (buy) this jacket if it ______________ (be) a bit cheaper.
4) Tom likes living in a city. He ______________ (be) happy if he ______________ (live) in the country.
5) If I ______________ (want) to study English, I ______________ (go) to London.
1) If Jane had the money, she would buy a fast car.
2) I don't know the answer. If I knew the answer, I would tell you. (know)
3) I would buy this jacket if it were/was a bit cheaper.
4) Tom likes living in a city. He wouldn't be happy if he lived in the country.
5) If I wanted to study English, I would go to London.
Last modified on Monday, 02 April 2018 21:23